TRAFFIC SIGNAL OPTIMIZATION
Optimized traffic light intersections using vehicle positional data
Mehr brauchen Informationen oder eine Demonstration
WIR WÜRDEN IHNEN GERNE HELFEN
To guarantee vehicle groups pass intersections in the most efficient, sustainable, and safe manner, optimisation algorithms are used to calculate the optimal signal states of an intersection using a predetermined set of KPIs as well as vehicle positional data.
Monotch’s robust open-ecosystem solution contributes to cutting down the unnecessary waiting times at red lights and helps everyone reach their destinations faster than before!
How traffic signal optimisation works
The proven benefits of this use case include:
- The improved crossing efficiency across several consecutive intersections
- Reduction of waiting times
- Reduced emissions
Positive impact on travel time
The positive impact of this use case can be observed for signal groups going from one main road to another:
- For 32% of these signal groups, the average number of lost vehicle hours (VVU) decreased, while for 21%, the VVU increased;
- For 43% of the signal groups, the average travel time across intersections decreased, while travel time increased for 17%;
- The number of vehicles that have to wait unnecessarily decreased significantly in 70% of the signal groups and increased in only 17% of the signal groups;
- The average total time that vehicles have to wait unnecessarily decreased in 49% of the cases, while it increased by 34%.