Sichere, intelligente und nachhaltige Mobilität
Start working as a Java Backend Engineer
We are looking for a Java Backend Engineer who wants to be part of our team in Leiderdorp. You are a well-rounded, confident, and reflective professional with a passion for clean and secure software development.
If you are also interested in mobility, you are our perfect match!
You will be based in one of the two tech teams, team members are based in Sri Lanka and the Netherlands.
Your role involves building and maintaining our C-ITS solution, working in two-week Scrum sprints. You and your colleagues work with the tech lead to implement solutions and define sprint goals. The applications you develop contribute to safer, more efficient mobility ecosystems.
Your responsibilities revolve around 3 pillars: technical development (~80%), technical design (~10%), and (Scrum) team meetings (~10%).
- Collaborate with the PO/Team Lead to define detailed designs based on high-level specifications and business/system requirements.
- Build new applications according to detailed design specification.
- Maintain existing applications and add new features as needed.
- Analyze incidents, identify root causes, and propose/implement fixes or improvements.
- Guide junior team members to ensure efficient work.
- Review code following the 4-eye principle.
- Participate actively in refinement sessions to define clear, SMART stories that meet the team’s definition of readiness.
- Adhere to clean code principles and leverage existing best practices with design patterns.
- Be accountable for deliverables up to the final deployment stage, ensuring they meet the team’s definition of done.
The CTO is end responsible for the technical roadmap at Monotch.
What we offer you
Together with your international team of A-players, you can make a positive impact on our society by creating innovative Smart Mobility applications.
- Working hours: 32-40 hrs per week, hybrid (3 office days), flexible.
- Salary: Indication €3400-4200 (b.o. 40 hrs.) + 8% holiday allowance. (Level determined b.o. your skills and experience.)
- Days off: 30 holidays. (Possibility to buy 10 extra days off.)
- Contract: One year and permanent. (We aim to establish a long-term working relationship. We will begin with a one-year contract to get to know you (and you Monotch). With proven good performance, we will continue with a permanent contract.)
- Career perspective: Medior – Senior – Expert – Teamlead
- Extra: Pension package – Travel costs coverage (0.21 cts/km or Mobility Card) – €30 net per month for internet/mobile phone – Work-from-home utility budget + equipment – Lots of training possibilities.
- Team: Informal working atmosphere in an international team. We organise fun team activities several times per year.
Who you are
You have a keen eye for detail, strong analytical capabilities and you excel in team collaboration and communication. You are open-minded, culturally aware, and you handle the Dutch ‘directness’ with ease.
Your sense of responsibility is evident in your proactive approach to tasks. You take the initiative, leading by example with humility yet self-assuredness. You maintain a growth mindset, always open to constructive feedback.
You are willing to learn and use new technologies, constantly pushing the boundaries of your knowledge and skills. You are not just a team member, but a key player who takes pride in the success of your projects. Your commitment to quality ensures that all deliverables meet the highest standards.
You can work autonomously, managing your tasks effectively. Your clear and concise communication skills enable you to convey complex information to non-technical colleagues with ease.
Overall, you are a well-rounded, confident, and reflective professional with a passion for clean and secure software development.
N.B.: residence within a 70-minute radius commute from Leiderdorp, English level B2 or up
Your Skills, Experience & Education
To fully bloom in this position, you should have the following experiences and competencies:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- 2+ years of working experience with Java (pref. Java 8 or 11).
- 1+ years of working experience using Spring framework.
- Hands-on experience in using SQL, revision control systems (Git) and web service development.
- Good verbal and written proficiency in English (Dutch is nice to have).
Monotch is an innovative, ambitious, growing and international company. We focus on safe, smart and sustainable mobility by connecting data, services and transactions. The Smart Mobility Platforms we develop are unique leading software platforms in which traffic data is exchanged.
Our end customers are road authorities, cities, governments and the traffic industry. They link their products or data to our platform, making sure all road users can use the data to move through traffic more efficiently, safely and sustainably.
You may have already used information from our platform via your smartphone or car navigation without realising it. Together we will change how everyone will use mobility!
Our company culture
It is essential to make plans and share them. We celebrate our successes together. Additionally, we also find collegiality necessary, as well as curiosity and a positive attitude.
Please send your cv and motivation to our recruiter, Anne-Pauline Wessels – van Antwerpen, by pushing the application button or:
MAIL: [email protected]
WHATSAPP: +31 (0)6-11908081 (you are always welcome to call her if you have any questions)
LINKEDIN MESSENGER: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ap-wessels-vanantwerpen/
FACEBOOK MESSENGER: https://www.facebook.com/AP.wessels/